TM Montante Development has a specialty in-house Design Services Department which allows us to visualize all aspects of a project as it progresses from site selection and initial conceptual design through construction completion. Team members possess a background in architectural design, urban planning, and real estate development processes and have access to multiple design based programs including: AutoCAD, Revit, 3ds Max, Lumion, Sketch up and Adobe Creative Suite.
Phase 1: Site Analysis
During site analysis, we perform in depth site research to help choose strategic building sites and position buildings on site in relation to topography, parking, storm water management and other key site features. In this phase, the team creates maps and diagrams, site plans, and 3D massing.
- Site selection and preliminary site plans
- Maps and diagrams to analyze a project as it relates to its surrounding context
- Aggregating and compiling overlapping visual information
- 3D massing diagrams to show overall scale and shadowing of a project
- Master planning for projects with multiple buildings or campus features
Phase 2: Conceptual Design
During conceptual design, we create interior building layouts, elevations and renderings to visualize a project before engaging an outside design team. By providing this service in-house, we are able to make changes to the preliminary design quickly and easily, saving the client significant time and money.
As building elevations are developed and materials are ready to be selected, the Design Services Department creates renders to help visualize these materials when applied to the building. Colors can easily be changed in and out of the 3D model so that all options can be compared to each other.
In addition, renderings produced by the Design Services Department allows us to visualize all aspects of the project in 3D format before it gets built. It helps to ensure we are getting exactly what we envisioned as sometimes not all details can easily be seen in 2D drawings.
- Interior spacial layouts and preliminary floor plans
- Building elevations and renderings to visualize materials and exterior skin
Phase 3: Design Development
In the next phase of the process, as the architect and engineers come on board to the project, the Design Services team is there to coordinate all drawings and review them to help make critiques, recommendations and ensure that nothing is missing or overlooked in the final design.
Once building design is complete and construction begins, the Design Services Team is responsible for documenting with photos and drone – photography to capture the progress being made on site.
- Coordination of documents
- Analysis of design documents to ensure clients’ needs are met
- Photography throughout construction to track building progress